The Community day for May is going to be Alolan Geodude.
Alolan Geodude is a dual Electric and Rock typing.
The May community day unfortunately is another 3 hour event and will take place from 11am local time on Saturday 21st May until 2pm local time Saturday 21st May.
Alolan Geodude has the chance to be shiny
Full event details
The following boosts will be available during the event:
- 3x Stardust for catching Pokemon
- 2x Catch candy
- Take several snapshots for a surprise
- Lure modules activated during the event will last three hours
- Incense activated during the event will last three hours
- 2x chance to receive Geodude XL candy from catching Alolan Geodude
- Trades made during the event and two hours after will require 50% less stardust
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to two hours after for a total of two special trades for the day
During the event and for two hours after, Alolan Golem (Geodude’s final evolution) will learn the fast move Rollout when evolved.
Rollout has the Following stats:
- Trainer Battles (PvP) – 4 Power
- Gyms and Raids – 14 Power
Bonuses for groups
If enough Pokemon are caught from a single lure module, the 3x catch stardust bonus for trainers near the lured Pokestop will become a 4x catch stardust boost for 30 minutes (This boost does not stack with the 3x stardust boost, it replaces it)
- A bundle containing 30x Ultra balls will be available in the store for no cost (but only during event hours)
- A one time community day box costing 975 coins contains: 1x Super incubator, 1x Lucky egg, 1x Elite Fast TM, 1x Star piece
Event themed stickers will be available from spinning Pokestops, opening gifts and purchasing them from the in-game store
For the first time ever you can now gift the ticket to the community day research story to a friend. To gift it tap the special research ticket, then tap gift instead of buy. (please note you cannot gift if the recipient already brought the ticket or has already been gifted it)
As per all Community days, a $1 research ticket (or equivalent pricing in your currency) is available to buy from the in-game store. This research story is called “A Rocky Road”. The research can be completed at any point so long as the ticket has been brought then activated during the Community day event.
Thoughts on the Community Day
Personally I’m sad to see them sticking with 3 hour events as I feel 6 hour ones are more enjoyable and accessible for the masses even if not everyone plays all 6 hours. The game advances and what once happened before covid hit doesn’t mean should happen after
Aside from that, the boosts for this event are really nice. The 3x Stardust will give players an excellent chance to stock up on stardust; the games most vital currency.
The 2x catch candy is also excellent as it will allow for lots of candy to be collected fast if you grind efficiently.
Geodude is one of the Pokemon that is free to evolve after trading (from Graveler to Golem) so catching hundreds of these and trading them will mean you get a fully evolved Pokemon for only 25 candies
This makes Geodude an excellent Pokémon to stock up on for an evolution XP if you have a friend you can trade with. The XP gains possible from stocking up on these and using for an evolution spotlight hour are HUGE
After the revamped Mega system, ensuring you have a Rock or Electric mega ready and boosted up for the event will be huge. The additional candy per catch, XP per catch and chance of XL candy are huge, especially when combined with the already increased chance of XL candy from the community day boost.
The Rollout fast move will be interesting to see how it plays, especially as its stated to “generate energy quickly”
Are you looking forward to Alolan Geodude Community day?!