With the release of Call of Duty Vanguard just hours ago, it means new classes, new guns, new killstreaks and new perks.
In this article we will look at all the perks in Call of Duty Vanguard and breakdown their benefits.
Like most Call of Duty games, the perks are split into three categories: Perk 1, Perk 2 and Perk 3
At first glance the Perk 1 slot has some of the most popular perk picks from previous games so selecting your perk from that could be a difficult choice.
Here is a breakdown of every perk in Vanguard and the benefits it gives
Perk 1 slot
- Fortified: Reduces damage from explosives by 15%. Damage reduction doubled while mounting, crouched or prone. Reduces Health regen delay from explosives
- Survival Training: Maximised resistance to stun effects. Immune to Gas
- Ninja: Move Silently. Take reduced damage when falling. Reduces the effectiveness of enemy Tracker perks
- Dauntless: Immune to movement reducing effects
- Ghost: Undetectable while moving by Spy planes, enemy intel and field mics. Reduces the effect of local informants
- Cold Blooded: AI-controlled killstreak will not target you, and player-controlled killstreaks will not highlight you. You do not trigger High Alert. Reduces the range at which awareness markers appear for enemies
Perk 2 slot
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill
- Radar: Enemies appear on your minimap when they fire an unsilenced weapon
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you
- Engineer: Detect enemy equipment, field upgrades and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by aiming down sights. Hack enemy equipment and field upgrades
- Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area
- Piercing Vision: Sufficiently supressed targets will be highlighted for a short time, rendering them visible through walls and obscuring effects
Perk 3 slot
- Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%
- Demolition: Extra lethal on spawn. Thrown lethals and tacticals display an indicator showing the path of the lethal or tactical
- Lightweight: Increases movement speed
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons
- Tactician: Restock your tactical equipment every 30 seconds
- Scavenger: Replenish ammo from dead players
Perk 1 has some difficult choices to make. Ninja and Ghost have always been hugely popular in Call of Duty so this time you’ll have to decide between the two.
Fortified and Survival training are effectively Flat Jacket and Tactical Mask from previous games so objective players will have to decide whether that benefit is better suited for them
In perk 2 Radar looks like being a valuable perk, as without it you wont get the blips show on the minimap when someone fires an unsilenced gun. For lots including myself this can be quite off putting and is something you don’t want to not have.
The benefits of other perks in the perk 2 slot remain to be seen
In perk 3 scavenger is always a popular pick especially for players that like to go on bigger streaks. Double time looks a useful perk too allowing you to move 30% faster when crouching (which is a way around not using Ninja) and doubling the duration of tactical sprint.
In this game, the movement mechanic in general feels slower to me than Cold War did and therefore Lightweight could be a useful perk as it will increase your movement speed which will help with strafing and general movement.
After playing the game for a couple of hours since release I have been using and therefore recommend Ninja, Radar and Lightweight as my Perks. This could well chance of course as the game develops and different strategies get used.
Leave a comment below with what perks you’ve been using in Vanguard.