The Hoopa’s arrival event starts on September 5th 2021. This is the first opportunity to encounter Hoopa.
The event lasts like a community day from 11am Local time to 5pm Local time. It will be split into hour blocks with each hour spawning certain Pokemon.
Which Pokemon spawn when?
During the following hours, set Pokemon will be attracted to both the wild and incense at the following times:
- 11am-12pm: Psychic Pokemon
- 12pm-1pm: Dark/Ghost Pokemon
- 1pm-2pm: Psychic Pokemon
- 2pm-3pm: Dark/Ghost Pokemon
- 3pm-4pm: Psychic Pokemon
- 4pm-5pm: Dark/Ghost Pokemon
Which Pokemon are spawning?
The following Pokemon are the ones spawning for this event:
- Galarian Ponyta (Rare)
- Espeon (Rare)
- Alolan Rattata
- Tyranitar (Rare)
- Golett (Rare)
- Scraggy (Rare)
- Litwick (Rare)
Other event bonuses
During the event there will also be other bonuses. These bonuses are
- 2xp Candy for transferring Pokemon
- Event themed research tasks for rare candy and poke ball prizes
- An event exclusive free bundle in the store containing an incense
- Collection challenge
The following Pokemon are required to complete the collection challenge
- Alolan Rattata
Completing this collection challenge will give you the encounter will Hoopa as well as 7200 XP, x10 Hoopa candy and a Poke Ball Lift Avatar Pose.
The special event field research tasks are as follows
- Catch 5 Pokemon – 5 Poke balls
- Catch 5 Poekmon – 5 Ultra balls
- Catch 10 Pokemon – 10 Ultra balls
- Catch 50 Pokemon – 2 Rare Candy
- Catch 5 Pokemon – 5 Great balls
- Catch 10 Pokemon – 10 Great balls
- Catch 20 Pokemon – 25 Great balls
This event is a great chance to complete challenges like the catch 5 exeggcute task in the Lets go Meltan research. The avatar from the collection challenge is also a really nice prize.