Here is a comprehensive breakdown of season 8 of the Go Battle League in Pokemon Go.
The rewards at the end of season 8 will be twice the stardust of the rewards at the end of season 7.
Season 8 features the introduction of the fighting type Pokemon Meinfoo. This will be a guaranteed encounter reward at level 5. Throughout the season youll get more potential encounters as prize rewards.
Which leagues take place when?
- The Great League will run from Monday, May 31, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League and its Premier Cup will run from Monday, June 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master League, the Master League Classic, and the Element Cup will run from Monday, June, 28, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 12, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). Battle during this time to receive twice the Stardust from win rewards and end-of-set rewards.
- The Great League and the Great League Remix will run from Monday, July 12, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, July 26, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League and the Ultra League Remix will run from Monday, July 26, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, August 9, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master League, Master League Classic, and the Ultra League Premier Cup will run from Monday, August 9, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, August 23, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). Battle during this time to receive twice the Stardust from win rewards and end-of-set rewards.
- All three leagues will run from Monday, August 23, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, August 30, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
Go Battle Nights
Go Battle league nights return in season 8. During these events you’ll earn three times the stardust for winning battles, completing sets of battles and ranking up. During these nights instead of the regular 5 sets of 5 battles, you’ll be able to complete 20 sets of 5 battle totalling 100 battles per night. The stardust bonus during these events will not stack with any boosts currently active throughout the season. The dates for the battle nights are:
- Thursday 3rd June 2021 from 6pm to 11:59pm local time
- Sunday July 11th 2021 from 6pm to 11:59pm local time
- Thursday August 26th 2021 from 6pm to 11:59pm local time
New Features in season 8
First and foremost the rank up requirements have been reduced making it easier and faster to rank up to level 20 and beyond.
In addition there is also the following new rewards:
- The pikachu libra avatar items will be a reward for trainers who reach level 5
- Avatar items inspired by gym leader Korrina from pokemon X and Y can be earned at:
- Ace rank you get Korrina styled gloves
- Veteran rank you get Korrina style shoes
- Expert rank you get Korrina style outfit And Korrina style pants and top
- Legend rank you get Korrina pose
- At rank 19 you get an elite charge and elite fast TM as an end of season reward
Pokemon you can encounter
Here is the list of pokemon you can encounter as you rank up
- Rank 1 – Guaranteed Machamp encounter
- Rank 1 and up – Machoke, Ariados, Sableye, Snover and more
- Rank 5 – Guaranteed Mienfoo once
- Rank 5 and up – Meinfoo plus all Pokemon available at previous ranks
- Rank 10 and up – Toxicroak, Stunfisk, male frillish and all Pokemon available at previous ranks
- Rank 15 and up – Skarmory, Scraggy, Rufflet and all Pokemon available at previous ranks
- Rank 20 and up – The legendary pokemon in 5* raids at the time and all Pokemon available at previous ranks
- Veteran rank and up – Guaranteed Gible once then chance of Gible alongside all Pokemon at previous ranks
- Expert rank and up – Guaranteed Deino once then chance of Deino alongside all Pokemon at previous ranks
- Legend rank – Guaranteed a Pikachu Libre. This will be the only chance of encountering one in the season
In addition to the Great, Ultra and Master league there will be several Cups taking place.
The Great league Remix will take place but the following Pokemon will be banned
- Alolan Ninetales
- Alolan Marowak
- Defense Forme Deoxys
- Galarian Stunfisk
The Ultra league remix will take place but the following Pokemon will be banned
- Alolan Muk
- Altered Forme Giratina
Only pokemon that can evolve and are in their first evolution form are eligible. Only grass, water and fire typing is allowed also, although Pokemon possessing multiple typings can still qualify. CP is capped at 500
New Attack updates for season 8
Two new attacks have been added.
Rock type weather ball (rock). Hippowdon can learn this
Feather dance (flying) Pidgeot can learn this attack. It will sharply decrease the opponents attack stat.
The following attacks have been updated for trainer battles
- Acid Spray (poison) – now requires less energy to use
- Poison Jab (Poison) – now deals more damage
- Poison string (Poison) – now generates more energy
- Cross Poison (poison) – now deals more damage and has a hugher chance of sharply increasing your Pokemon’s attack stat
- Poison Fang (Poison) – now has a 100% chance to decrease opponents defence stat
- Dragon Tail (Dragon) – Now deals more damage but generates less energy
- Focus Blast (Fighting) – now deals more damage
There is also three new attacks certain Pokemon can learn they previously couldn’t
- Lunge (Bug) – Ariados can now learn this
- Poison Fang (Poison) – Nidoqueen and Crobat can now learn this
- Cross Poison (Poison) – Crobat can now learn this
The Battle league is an excellent chance to get some additional Legendary Pokemon that are appearing in 5* raids. Getting to level 20 is essential to get the most out of it.
The battle league is one of the best ways to accumulate stardust which is the vital currency to level up your Pokemon.
How much battle league will you be playing this season?